It’s Peach Season! 3 Easy Recipes You’ll Love
We’ve been on the hunt for the perfect peach crisp recipe, or any other simple recipe that will make use of the huge peach harvests we get here in Houston. It would be a shame to see all that fruit go to waste, and our freezers can only hold so many bags at a time. These three recipes are easy to whip up for lunches, desserts, and drinks on the patio—because even the snobbiest craft-beer bros can’t say no to an ice-cold cocktail made with freshly blended, organic, local fruit!
Warm Peach Crumble With French Vanilla Ice Cream
If you’ve never had the transcendent experience that is warm, buttery, crunchy fruit crumble with cold vanilla ice cream, you haven’t truly lived. This easy crumble recipe is such a fuss-free summer dessert to whip up at the last minute, and the fact that it’s packed with fruit makes us feel way less guilty about going in for seconds (or thirds!).
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of cold butter
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- French vanilla ice cream
- Fresh pansies (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spread the sliced fruit in an even layer across an 8X8 baking dish.
- Set aside the oats, and mix all of the other dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender, stir in the oats, and then spread the mixture across the peaches, pressing down gently.
- Bake crumble for about half an hour until the top gets crispy and golden.
- Serve warm in a bowl with a scoop of ice cream, and garnish each serving with a single pansy blossom. (They’re pretty AND edible!)
5–Minute Summer Salad
This sweet-and-salty summer salad looks super fancy and tastes amazingly fresh, but with only six ingredients and minimal prep time, it’s a total breeze to make. It makes a perfect starter course or side to accompany grilled fish or chicken!
- 5–6 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- 8 basil leaves, sliced thinly into ribbons
- 1 tbsp of honey
- ½ cup of soft, crumbled goat cheese
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
You can simply gently toss all the ingredients together in a bowl, but if you want to get extra boujee with your plating, you can arrange the fruit neatly on a plate, sprinkle the salt, cheese, and basil on top, and then lightly drizzle the honey all over.
This is like, the most summery drink of all summer recipes. Nothing compares to the thirst-quenching powers of this tangy, fruity, boozy slush on a hot afternoon—cocktail umbrellas and curly straws optional.
- 3 cups of peaches
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1½ tbsp of sugar
- 3 cups of prosecco or sparkling rosé
- 1/2 cup vodka or rum
- Maraschino cherry (optional)
Toss the peaches, ice, sugar, liquor, and bubbly into the blender, and blend until smooth. Drizzle a bit of grenadine around the inner edge of your glasses, and then pour in the blended drink mixture. Garnish with some fresh fruit slices or a maraschino cherry!
Did all this talk of fresh garden peaches kinda make you want to grow your own? You’re in luck because we sell plenty of fruit trees at Plants For All Seasons, and while we recommend planting fruit trees in the fall, we can help you plant them if you’re new to this sort of thing. Remember, we have curbside pickup and home delivery options available, so when you’re ready, we’re happy to process your new tree purchase over the phone.