10 Green-Thumb Gifts For Gardeners
Amidst all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, choosing gifts for your family and friends can get a little overwhelming, but luckily, if there are any gardeners in your life who you need to shop for, we’ve got your back. If you need some creative, unique, and totally non-lame gifts for a special gardener in Houston, we’ve got some pretty stellar gift ideas that are sure to please!
Top 10 Gifts For Houston Gardeners In 2019:
1. Terrariums: These pretty glass planters are SUCH an aesthetic. If you’ve got an artsy type in your life who low-key takes all their home decor cues from Instagram, a glass terrarium is the perfect gift. Fill them with succulents, air plants, or even dried flowers for a sweet statement piece that really wows. Globe-shaped terrariums are the most common, but lately, we’ve been seeing some gorgeous geometric terrariums that have a cool, modern vibe.
2. Succulent Planters: Succulent arrangements are trending big time, and one of the best parts about them is their versatility—you can plant them in practically anything! Picture frames, antique bird cages, driftwood, vintage cans, or even just a classic painted pot makes for a sweet and sentimental gift, especially if you arrange the succulents yourself.
3. Stihl Battery Operated Blowers: Our leaf blowers by Stihl are wildly popular—customers are always raving about how much time and effort they save! Whether you’re raking up leaves, cleaning out gutters, or doing your best impression of Mariah Carey in front of a wind machine, a state-of-the-art Stihl leaf blower makes a wicked gift that will totally blow their mind—pun definitely intended.
4. Windchimes: Outdoor art pieces can transform a yard, making it more inviting and fun to lounge around in. Wind chimes create a serene feeling and add the element of relaxation to the garden.
5. Garden Gloves: Gardening gloves can get pretty beat up over the years, so a slick new pair may be the perfect gift for your friends and family that love to garden, we even have long gloves for your loved ones that enjoy rose gardening but dont want to get torn up by the thorns.
6. Raised garden beds: Growing your own herbs, veggies, and flowers is one of the easiest and most rewarding gardening projects, but it’s a total bummer when you can no longer kneel down to garden. Raised garden beds make it easy to garden while sitting in a comfy chair.
7. Bird feeding Stations: Bird feeding is a fun family activity! Houston sees many different birds that migrate through and some even camp out for the winter. Simply adding a few feeders with high quality seed will attract a variety of different birds to your yard. It’s so much fun to see how many you can identify!
8. Spring Bulbs: The holidays are a perfect time to get spring bulbs in the ground, so they’re ready to sprout up once things start heating up again. Plus, they fall under that “perfect gift that keeps on giving” category. We have a massive selection of spring bulbs available at Plants for All Seasons, so try to figure out what color schemes your loved one tends to stick to for decorating and gardening and pick out some flowers that will mesh well with their style.
9. Pruners: The gift of a good quality set of pruners can save a gardener heaps of trouble when it comes time to trim back their trees and hedges. It’s easy to tell the difference between a dollar-store set of pruners and a professional set from a garden center, so the gardener in your life will much appreciate the gesture.
10. Gift Certificates: Of course, when all else fails and you want a simple gift that’s guaranteed to get used, opt for some gardening gift cards! A little retail therapy is always much appreciated, and you won’t have to sweat over whether or not you’ll find something they love. It’s a total win-win!
Skip the hassle of crazy shopping mall crowds, and shop local at Plants for All Seasons! We’re based 100% in Houston, so you’ll also be supporting your community when you choose gifts with us. Our staff will be more than happy to help you pick out a sweet gift (or ten) that will score you some major points this Christmas. Happy Holidays!
Leave A Comment